AndroidOne Global phones
Why consumers are buying new unlocked AndroidOne global phones?
Canadian carriers offer great smartphone brands such as Apple iPhone, Samsung, Google Pixel, LG and Sony etc., but Canadian consumers are missing out on the many great devices that are only available from online e-commerce sites such as Amazon and eBay etc.
Your upside is you can get the latest & greatest feature phones at a much lower price than you can buy from a local carrier, without signing a binding multi years service contract plan & paying expensive monthly bills. Since you can always protect your new phone with a screen protector and a screen cover case, the chance of damaging it can be much reduced.
New Xiaomi A-series AndroidOne phones (all with dual SIM + MicroSD card slots) with our 6-month warranty.
Xiaomi Mi A1 5.5″ AndroidOne phone: $220.
- Unlocked Xiaomi Mi A1, 4GB memory / 64GB storage
- 5.5” display with 16:9 aspect ratio (1080 x 1920 pixels)
- Fast response finger-print scanner for sign-on
- Dual rear camera 12MP + 12MP wide-angle + telephoto (2x optical zoom, 1.25um large pixels).
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor.
- Fast charging Type-C USB port- Android 9.0 (Pie).
Xiomi Mi A2 6.0″ AndroidOne phone: $250.
- Unlocked Black Xiaomi Mi A2, 4 GB memory / 64 GB storage
- 6.0” display with 18:9 aspect ratio and 1500:1 contrast.
- High resolution display (2160 x 1080 pixels)
- Dual rear camera 20MP + 12MP (wide-angle + telephoto Lens).
- The front camera also 20 MP.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 processor.
- Fast charging Type-C USB port
- Works with Freedom mobile & updated Android 9.0 (Pie).
Xiomi Mi A3 AndroidOne phone: $280
- Unlocked Mi A3 4GB memory / 64 GB storage
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 octa-core processor
- 6.1” display with 19:9 aspect ratio
- High-resolution (720 x 1560) display
- Samsung AMOLED screen display clearly visiable in the sun
- In-screen Fingerprint sensor
- Triple rear camera sensors: 48 MP + 8MP & 2 MP (118° ultra wide-angle lens)
- 32 MP front selfie camera
- High Battery capacity 4030 mAh lasting up to 2 days
- Fast charging micro USB port & latest Android version
Why buying AndroidOne global phones is a good thing?
AndroidOne is a series of smartphones that run the unmodified Android operating system. It is a hardware and software technical standard created by Google intended to provide a consistent user experience and improved security through frequent updates and Google Play Protect. For info on AndroidOne devices, check the website: https://www.android.com/one/
What are the benefits of AndroidOne:
1. Minimal Applications:
Stock Android comes with minimal applications and features. The OS will not comes with pre-loaded bloatware. Only essential applications are loaded on the handsets. Whereas in the Custom UI (User Interface), it contains so many pre-installed application which will reduce the storage capacity of the handset.
2. Improved Performance:
Since the handset is loaded only with a minimum number of applications, the overall speed and performance of the handset will be better than Custom UI mobiles.
3. Increased Battery Life:
The battery life of the Stock Android handset will be always better than the Custom UI handsets. This is because of the minimum number of applications and the minimum customization of the UI.
4. Faster Android Version Update:
This is one of the main highlights of the Android One handsets: Google promises a minimum of 3 years guaranteed updates and support for the mobiles. During that time, all the major Android Version update and Security Updates will be delivered to the handsets. And will be released to the handset soon after releasing to the Pixel Devices.
5. Monthly Security Updates:
Along with the Android update, Google also provides monthly security updates to each and every Android One Handsets directly. It will make the device more secure.
Buy getting these great unlocked new international phones with our warranty, you do not have to worry about paying expensive monthly bills (eg. Koodo has a great wireless plan starting from $35 per month).
Carrier locked International phones:
In the past, consumers often had a tough time unlocking an international phone bought from overseas and move its service from the original country to a local carrier in Canada, or to use a foreign SIM card while traveling in Canada. Now it should be easier and cheaper to use them after you unlock the phone and use prepaid wireless services in Canada.
The locked smartphones only work with the original carrier it was bought from; they cannot be used with another carrier’s service. Our unlocking Service will release your smartphones from such restriction. If a smartphone is unlocked, it can be used on other carriers’ networks compatible with your smartphone’s working for wireless frequency bands.
We can unlock your iPhone, Galaxy or other smartphones from international carriers such as AT&T / Verizon / T-Mobile from the U.S.A., Orange / Vodafone / O2 / EE from U.K etc.
How to check if your phone is locked or unlocked?
It’s easy to take the guessing game out of wondering if your phone is locked or not. Even if your phone was bought directly from a network and presumed locked, the steps below will confirm for you in less than 5 minutes. To find out, try the following:
- Insert an activated SIM card in the phone from any network different to the one you know works. This is often referred to as a “non-accepted SIM card”.
- If you’re not being requested for an unlock code, wait for the phone to load up and attempt to make or receive a phone call on that SIM card.
If the phone requests a network unlock code, usually with the message “SIM Network Unlock PIN” (iPhones will be different) then you can be sure the phone is locked. If so, now you’ll need to place an order for your phones unlock code.
If you see the message “Enter PIN” or “Enter Passcode” this is usually just the 4 digit PIN number set up on the phone or as default for the SIM card. The request for an unlock code will usually appear or not after this screen.
It’s worth noting that not all phones request an unlock code if they are locked and the phone may start up as normal. If this happens, simply ensuring the SIM card is activated and then trying step 2 above will narrow down the options. If you can make or receive a phone call, then the phone is unlocked and you won’t need a phone unlocking service.
If you can’t make a phone call, then you’ll need to be sure your phone isn’t blocked or blacklisted by the original carrier (usually only in the same country) due to reported lost or stolen by its owner. Most phones aren’t blocked and if any SIM card at all can make or receive a phone call, then you are fine. Alternatively, this might highlight a fault on the phone as opposed to a block. Contact your original network to inquire about this and if they tell you there is no block on the phone and the original network still doesn’t work, usually, there is a fault instead. A phone repair shop would be needed in this case.
We do repair some models of international unlocked phones such as Xiaomi Mi A1 & A2, Mi Mix 2s, Mi Max2, Redmi 5, Note5 (pro) and Huawei Honor 8 & 10 etc.
If you’re having a question about buying or repairing your international smartphone, please contact us. We’ll do our best to help you!